11 September 2011

Looking For The Win/Win

Looking For The Win/Win

        My approach to business has been to get as much info as I can about what the person (call him "Bob") I'm talking to wants to accomplish, then work out how I can help them to get what they want. 

        The idea is that if I can help Bob then I should. Bob is better off as a result of my help. Maybe we can do business and maybe we can't right now. It takes about the same amount of time and effort to be helpful as it does to do anything else and being helpful feels better.

        Some benefits to being helpful:

        (1) I'm leaving Bob with a positive impression of me and my company.

        (2) If I've been of assistance then I may get referral business for Bob's friends and associates.

        (3) Perhaps Bob and I will do business in the future.

        What I'm looking for is a win/win where Bob benefits and I benefit.
        Not everyone shares the above viewpoint.

        There's the "Boiler Room" approach, apply any and all pressure that can be brought to bear to get the sale. Usually referred to with sports or war analogies. A sale is a "take down" or similar.

        There is setting an objective of obtaining total surrender, keep all of the benefits and leave Bob with carfare back to his office. Even if such a beat-down is successful, there will be no repeat business, there will be no referrals, and there will probably be an order cancellation on the answering machine.



        "Mutual trust is the firmest building block in human relations. Without it, the whole structure comes down."
        - L. Ron Hubbard
        The Way To Happiness
        "Be Worthy Of Trust"

        WHAT IS SCIENTOLOGY?
        http://www.scientology.org/

        CHECK OUT DIANETICS FOR YOURSELF
        http://www.dianetics.org/

        WHO IS L. RON HUBBARD?
        http://www.lronhubbard.org/

        BUY A COPY OF DIANETICS: THE MODERN SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH, READ IT AND USE IT. HAVE YOUR OWN INFORMED OPINION.
        https://secure.bridgeinc.us/cart/enteraddress2.php

        SEE FOR YOURSELF. READ A SCIENTOLOGY TEXT. APPLY IT.
        Scientology recognizes that man is not just so many vials of chemicals fortuitously combined into a remarkable stimulus-response machine. Scientology views man as a spiritual being with native capabilities which can be improved far beyond what is generally believed possible.
        READ THE SCIENTOLOGY HANDBOOK ONLINE
        http://www.scientologyhandbook.org/

Take care, be well, have fun,

Tom Jacoby
Emanation, Inc - NumberOneOnTheList.com

The L. Ron Hubbard quotation above is
© Church of Scientology International. All Rights Reserved.
Grateful acknowledgment is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard.


No comments: